- Upload the SSL file in Apache folder which you find in the zip file from 12ssl to /etc/ssl/.
- Open the Apache configuration file in a text editor. Apache configuration files are usually found in /etc/httpd. The main configuration file is usually named httpd.conf. In most cases the <VirtualHost> blocks will be at the bottom of this httpd.conf file. Sometimes you will find the <VirtualHost> blocks in a separate file in a directory like /etc/httpd/vhosts.d/ or /etc/httpd/sites/ or in a file called ssl.conf.
- If you need your site to be accessible through both secure (https) and non-secure (http) connections, you will need a virtual host for each type of connection. Make a copy of the existing non-secure virtual host and change the port from port 80 to 443.
- Add the lines in bold below.
ServerName domainname www.domain.com
- You can change the names of the files and paths to match your needs.
- Save the changes and exit the text editor.
- Restart your Apache web server.
- SSL, Apache
- 333 Users Found This Useful
In Nginx webserver will the file in NGINX folder be used(which you find in the SSL zip file from...